Hey there friends! Welcome back to Doggo Bloggo. This week Lily and I are making a dog bed out of a sweater! This is a perfect upcycle project for an old sweater you no longer wear. We chose a slightly smaller sweater so we made the bed for Lily’s best friend Percy. This is also a cozy DIY bed project for the kitties in your life.
- long-sleeve sweater
- pillow stuffing
- needle + thread
- dressmaker pins
- Lay the sweater flat on a table. Fold the collar inside the sweater, then sew the opening shut with a needle and thread.
- Sew from the left armpit to the right armpit, creating an arch about three inches from the collar.
- Add pillow stuffing to both arms.
- Insert foam into the sweater body. ( I used stuffing for both the arms and body)
- Fold the bottom of the sweater inside, then sew shut with a needle and thread.
- Put the left sleeve into the right sleeve, then sew together with a needle and thread.
- Sew the stuffed arms to the body of the sweater with a needle and thread.
- Fluff and form the bed to create a cozy nap spot for your furry friends.
We hope you have a fantastic week. Stay Safe, Live, Love, and Pet all the animals!
Jess & Lily