• I'm a Dog Mom to my beautiful Lily♥
• I love Harry Potter
• I spend way too much at Michaels
• Family and friends that are like family are everything
• Florida born and raised... and also pasty white
• I like to read but don't get to it nearly as often as I'd like
• I am constantly listening to Podcasts
• Here are a few of my favorites: Beautiful Anonymous, Office Ladies, Fake Doctors Real Friends, Terrible Thanks for Asking, Ologies, Ear Hustle, My Favorite Murder, and of course Can I Pet Your Dog?
Hey, Hi, Hello!
I was born into a family of pet lovers so I was set up for success from the start. From early age I wanted to be a vet but I ultimately decided that wasn’t exactly what I was looking for as a career. Then I had to go on a journey to answer the questions; What am I destined for? & How do I get there?
My grandma owned her own printing business. She had a dark room where I got to help develop film from a young age, and I loved every second of it. When I got to high school and found there was a film photo department I was super excited to be able to develop photos in this same manner.
I used my grandma’s old camera for the class and that was when it really came together for me. I’ve always loved crafting/making things and discovered I really loved creating my own images, specifically photos of my Golden Retriever Slash. During my senior year of high school I decided to go to college for photography and get my Bachelors Degree of Fine Art at The Art Institute of Tampa.
I graduated from college in September 2013 and soon after found out I had to put my Slash to sleep due to a sudden aggressive form of canine cancer. I was devastated. During his life he was a well-behaved therapy dog who everyone loved. I have tons of photos of Slash, but I only have a handful of us together that were taken during my high school senior portrait session. That’s what I was missing when he was gone. My only regret from his life is that I didn’t have more photos taken with him professionally throughout his life. I cherish those photos more than any other.
Fast forward 3 years to me getting my Australian Shepherd Lily. I’ve now made it a priority to take professional photos of her and to get them taken of the two of us as much as possible. Especially now, as she was diagnosed with Lymphoma at 3.5 years old. She went through chemotherapy treatment and is in remission! To follow her journey make sure you check in with my blog but here is a great place to start:
Lily's Chemotherapy Journey
So here we are, I am more renewed in my passion than ever before, Duh animals! I can finally combine the things I love most, animals, and creating. I finally feel like I’m doing what I love and I’m passionate about. Want to know the best part? I get to share that with you!
• One hour in home or on location session within 80 miles of Tampa
• Gallery of print quality and web sized images
Click here to see about my Keepsake Session