Pumpkin is in a ton of treat recipes for dogs. The reason is it is safe for them, yes but, it also has some great benefits for your pup’s digestive system. Below are some benefits of pumpkin for your doggo and a list of some recipes we have shared here on Doggo Bloggo that uses pumpkin in them.
Benefits of Pumpkin
- Digestive Health – The most well-known benefit is to digestive health. Pumpkin is high in moisture and fiber and can help your pup with potty regularity whether they are suffering from loose stool or constipation.
- Hydration – Moisture is a major component of pumpkin and can help your pup get more hydrated without them having to drink more.
- Immune System – Vitamin C is important for immune health.
- Skin & Coat – Pumpkin has many nutrients including, vitamin A and zinc, that help improve your pet’s skin and coat. The high water content in pumpkin flesh can also be helpful towards a healthy coat and skin. The added moisture also causes the skin to flake less and less hair to be shed on your carpets, furniture, and clothes which is always a bonus.
- Only use pure pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling as it can have ingredients that are harmful to your pup.
- Generally, 1 tsp of canned (or cooked and pureed) pumpkin per 10 lbs of body weight per day is a good standard to go by. If your dog has a health condition such as diabetes, please talk to your vet before feeding pumpkin to your dog.
Pumpkin Dog Treat Recipes:
PEANUT BUTTER & PUMPKIN COOKIES | DOG TREAT RECIPE
BIRTHDAY PUPCAKES | DOG TREAT RECIPE
PUPSICLES | DOG TREAT RECIPE
NO-BAKE CBD TREAT | DOG TREAT RECIPE
We hope you have a fantastic week. Stay Safe, Live, Love, and Pet all the animals!
Jess & Lily