Hi there friends! Welcome back to Doggo Bloggo. Keeping your dog’s paws healthy and hydrated is crucial to their well being. Remember your dog doesn’t always have a protective layer between their paws and the ground like us. Below is our favorite homemade paw balm. It is a simple, fun craft to make. So let’s get to it!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons shea butter
- 2 tablespoons beeswax
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 20 drops essential oil (I used peppermint)
- 4 ounce glass bowl
- bamboo skewer
- 4 ounce wide mouth container and lid
- Add all the beeswax, shea butter, coconut oil and olive oil together in the 4 ounce glass bowl.
- Put the bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds
- Stir ingredients together. If they are not all melted, microwave another 30 seconds. Stir again until completely melted.
- Add essential oil
- Pour into your 4oz jar of choice and let cool. Mixture will solidify when it’s cooled.
- Rub paw balm on your dog’s paws!
We hope you have a wonderful week!
Jess & Lily